Hi there! I’m Rachelle—an author, blogger, and writing coach/editor. Welcome to my corner of the web. My mission is to make your words work for you so you can accomplish your goals as a writer.
Tell me—does any of this sound familiar?
- You love writing stories, but you’re not sure you have the know-how to become a novelist.
- You tell no one about the fact that you write, even though you dream of hitting the bestseller lists someday.
- You need time to write and to learn more about writing!
- You’re overwhelmed with everything you know you need to do to polish your words but you have no clue where to start. You may have already put your words down on the page, but now what?
My friend, you are in the right place.
WHY THIS IS THE PERFECT PLACE FOR YOU
I know what it’s like to get caught up in the overwhelm of wanting to write but not knowing how to make writing a career.
As a romance novelist, blogger, and writing consultant, I have made words my currency. I live in my inbox and Microsoft Word. I geek out over grammar.
But I understand what’s it like to experience the insecurity that comes with entrusting your article or book baby to another pair of eyes—and the overwhelm of all the things writers are expected to do.
Over time, I’ve realized as a writing coach and editor…
- If I can make the words on your page simpler and more efficient, I can give you, writer, the control to take your novel where you want it to go.
- If I can help you develop better writing routines, habits, and systems, I can give you a solid foundation to get you through the overwhelm of taking your book from first draft to polished manuscript.
- If I ever become okay with “good enough” when it comes to polishing your pages until they shine, I’m closing up shop.
Together, I help my writing clients discover small, but impactful ways to make every page they write just a little bit better, so you can focus on what really matters: the heart and art of whatever you’re writing.
My goal is never to add more to your plate. Instead, I’ll help you manage learning how to write more smoothly, so no typo or sagging plot point can ever get in the way of your dreams.
IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME VISITING, I’D LOVE FOR YOU TO GET TO KNOW ME BETTER.
I am a freelance editor, author of six books, and voracious reader. I married a man with the same name as my fictional hero in this trilogy I wrote before we even met, and we live our happily ever after in a fixer-upper by the sea. I’m a fan of chai and lemonade (though definitely not together).
I edit for writers, bloggers, and authors in England, Belgium, Ethiopia, and beyond. If you’re a writer looking for a little polishing on a project, check out my editing services.
I’m also quite the introvert, so writing/blogging/editing behind a computer screen is one of my dream jobs.
WHERE TO NEXT?
This page includes my tips and tutorials about writing and is a great place to start if you’re new to my site. It doesn’t matter whether you write fiction, nonfiction, or something in between; you’ll find plenty of ideas to improve your writing.
Or maybe you’d be interested in my Resources page, where I list the tools and apps I use to organize my life, business, and, well, everything (and only one isn’t free!).
But the absolute best way to keep up with me and peek into what goes on behind-the-scenes is to hop on my mailing list, which you can do below.
Or, if you’d rather contact me directly, you can send an email to [email protected]. My inbox is always open, and I’d love to hear from you!