Hi there! I’m Rachelle—an author, blogger, and writing coach/editor. Welcome to my corner of the web. My mission is to make your words work for you so you can accomplish your goals as a writer and blogger.
Tell me—do any of this sound familiar?
- You love writing stories, but you’re not sure you have the know-how to become a novelist.
- You tell no one about the fact that you write, even though you dream of hitting the bestseller lists someday.
- You need time to write and to learn more about writing!
- You’re overwhelmed with everything you know you need to do to polish your words but you have no clue where to start. You may have already put your words down on the page, but now what?
My friend, you are in the right place.
WHY THIS IS THE PERFECT PLACE FOR YOU
I know what it’s like to get caught up in the overwhelm of wanting to write but not knowing how to make writing a career.
As a romance novelist, blogger, and writing consultant, I have made words my currency. I live in my inbox, Evernote, Google Docs, and Microsoft Word. I geek out over grammar.
But I understand what’s it like to experience the insecurity that comes with entrusting your article or book baby to another pair of eyes—and the overwhelm of all the things writers are expected to do.
Over time, I’ve realized as a writing coach and editor…
- If I can make the words on your page simpler and more efficient, I can give you, writer, the control to take your novel where you want it to go.
- If I can help you develop better writing routines, habits, and systems, I can give you a solid foundation to get you through the overwhelm of taking your book from first draft to polished manuscript.
- If I ever become okay with “good enough” when it comes to polishing your pages until they shine, I’m closing up shop.
Together, I help my writing clients discover small, but impactful ways to make every page they write just a little bit better, so they can focus on what really matters: the heart and art of whatever they’re writing.
My goal is never to add more to your plate. Instead, I’ll help you manage learning how to write more smoothly, so no typo or sagging plot point can ever get in the way of your dreams.
IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME VISITING, I’D LOVE FOR YOU TO GET TO KNOW ME BETTER.
I’m a writer and blogger who was born and raised in a small Southern town, and I moved only 20 minutes away (I didn’t even leave the county!) when I married a man with the same first name as the fictional hero in this trilogy I wrote and published before we even got married. I edit for writers, bloggers, and authors in England, Belgium, Ethiopia, and beyond.
In addition to book hoarding and being convinced ice cream is my love language, I also love:
- Long walks
- Shopping at thrift stores
- And cuddling with my three dogs (a German Shepherd-Chow mix, Walker Hound, and dachsund)
I’m also quite the introvert, so writing/blogging/editing behind a computer screen is my dream job.
WHERE TO NEXT?
This page includes my tips and tutorials about writing and is a great place to start if you’re new to my site. It doesn’t matter whether you write fiction, nonfiction, or another genre entirely; you’ll find plenty of ideas to improve your writing. Or maybe you’d be interested in my Resources page, where I list the tools and apps I use to organize my life, business, and, well, everything (and only one isn’t free!).
But the absolute best way to keep up with new posts, receive special perks, and get a peek into what goes on behind-the-scenes is to hop on my mailing list, which you can do below.
I send out a personal email once every two weeks packed with helpful tips on writing well. Plus, you get my FREE Proofreading Checklist when you sign up!
Don’t forget to connect with me here too:
- LIKE my Facebook page to join discussions and find extra resources to help you become the writer you dream of being. Plus, I’m often LIVE on Wednesdays at 4pm!
- FOLLOW me on Pinterest for writing/blogging tips and prompts.
- FOLLOW me on Twitter to introduce yourself, send me a quick message, or pop in for a quick 280-character update.
- FOLLOW me on Instagram for a behind-the-scenes look at what I’m up to. I often share books I’m reading and selfies with my man. :)
Or, if you’d rather contact me directly, you can send an email to [email protected]. My inbox is always open in the first tab on my browser, and I’d love to hear from you!
If you’re a writer looking for a little polishing on a project, check out my editing services and request a quote here.
About My Books
The Steadfast Love Series is set in 16th-century Europe, where the Reformation rages between Protestants and Catholics. Gwyneth, a half-Dutch Catholic, flees from England to Holland to escape the man who murdered her parents. When he follows her there, insisting he has come to rescue her, will she trust him? Or would she rather succumb to the violence surrounding the Dutch Revolution?
Write Well is my debut into nonfiction. I designed this short ebook to teach you the mechanics of writing so that you can get back to the real work: actual writing! Learn more about it here.
Since the Steadfast Love series came to a thrilling conclusion, readers have clamored for more from Cade and Margried. This Christmas, that wish is granted in this charming epistolary novella that reveals more about Margried--and her family.
In the year 1566, she fled from an arranged marriage to a convent by the sea. Then a political and religious uprising shattered her plans to remain sheltered there, and she found safety only through an unlikely rescue.
See the events of the Steadfast Love series unfold through Margried’s eyes—and meet the sister never mentioned in those books but with whom Margried longs to reunite… if she will ever write her back.More info →
If you’re a writer looking for a little polishing on a project, check out my editing services.