You know the ones.
Those books you couldn’t put down, read fast enough, or stop talking about. Hint: one way to make sure your favorite authors are able to write more of your favorite books is to write reviews!
So support your favorite books by writing reviews and have more books to read. It’s a win-win!
20 Ways to Support Your Favorite Books
- Read the book(s). Because you can’t write a review of a book you haven’t read, right? Side note: I’m always happy to send free e-copies of all my books in exchange for an honest review! If you want one, email me at [email protected] The more the merrier!
- Share a link to the book(s) on social media. Don’t forget to include a personal note, like “I’m reading this and loving it!”
- Request the book(s) from your local or church library.
- Recommend the book(s) to your book club.
- Take the book to church or to coffee with a friend. Strike up a conversation about why you just can’t put it down.
- Record a book commercial and post it on Youtube or Periscope.
- Post a selfie of yourself reading the book (in paperback or on your e-reader) to Instagram.
- Review the book(s_ on Amazon (and Goodreads, Barnes and Noble, Shelfari, Litsy, etc.)…
- Pin the cover(s) on Pinterest.
- Text a friend who loves to read and ask her if she has heard of the book you’re currently reading/loving.
- Blog about the book(s)…post a review or just a highlight of the cover, synopsis, and why you like them.
- Give a copy to a friend!
- Add the book to your Goodreads list.
- Bloggers, you can post an image of the book’s cover in your sidebar and link to the author’s website.
- Tweet one of your favorite quotes from the book!
- Live-tweet your thoughts as you read. A reader of mine did this, and I thought it was one of the coolest Twitter streams I had ever seen.
- Put the book on your Amazon wishlist for Christmas, if you don’t already have a paperback.
- Mention the book in any online group that you frequent (like those on Goodreads). Be sure to share the link!
- Email your friends and family and tell them why they really need to read the book(s)!
- Pray. Close your eyes for a second and pray the book(s) would infuse hope in all who read it.