The Mason Jar on my nightstand is overflowing this year with scraps of white paper with thank-yous written on them. Thank You, Jesus, for You. For ships in a bottle and maps on my wall and oceans in a heart unfettered and free.
- January: I started my last semester of college.
- February: Brrrrr. That’s pretty much all I remember.
- March: The South experienced an ice storm and a branch took out the windshield of my truck. Oh, but classes were cancelled! I also started meeting weekly with a friend to go over I Peter. Best part of my week.
- April: We thawed. Last Finals week.
- May: I graduated!
- June: I finished the last book in my Steadfast Love Series.
- July: I went on a mission trip to Virginia. I could say “It was an awesome experience” seventeen times and not encapsulate that great, daring week.
- August: I started a new novel.
- September: I started writing letters.
- October: I signed a book contract on the series I had just finished. That night, a dream came true.
- November: My two sisters came to visit me. We talked and laughed and took too few pictures.
- December: I opened a new chapter.
- Oceans. Just Oceans.
- My Worship Playlist — glory
- My Steadfast Love Series Soundtrack — so country it makes me laugh (’cause nothing says medieval England like guitars, yes?)
Just a few, in no particular order…
- The Selection Series // Gee, whiz, folks
- Speak Love by Annie F. Downs // not just for teenagers
- Grace for the Good Girl // my, my, my, read it
- Circle of Spies by Roseanna M. White // I adore her books, and not just because she’s my editor!
- This Quiet Sky by Joanne Bischof // the good kind of broken heart
Just to recap, I graduated from college this year (Summa Cum Laude by grace!) and signed a three-book deal. How crazy is that?!
But definitely some of the best memories of the year aren’t that moment when I tossed a cap or John Hancocked the contract I’ve wanted for years…they’re the moments the six-year-old in my class told me I’m her favorite coach, when a friend from church told me a blog post blessed them…
What are some of your favorite moments?